Friday, February 25, 2011

Jahresendabrechnungsbetrag

This one translated means year-end balance. Seriously, I don't make these words up! I feel {a little} like I hit the jackpot this week. I finally found the one person at our propane company who speaks a little English. After mailing our bank information to them and still not seeing a payment come out of our bank account, I got brave enough to make a call to their office.

Her name is Evelyn and she made my day. If we were still in the baby-making business, and happened to have a girl I might have even consider naming her after this English-speaking German woman. That's about how frustrating this whole utilities mess has been and about how excited I am to finally have it figured out after three months in this house.

I figured our year-end balance, actually just one month of propane use {November 25 - December 31} was $454.00. Being US military, we get that break on taxes, which is nice. The 19% tax alone would have been another $87.00. That's a lot of tax.

I also got her to understand and withdrawl our January and Feburary payments, so about $1000 total due just on our propane to get squared up through February. Yes, this place is a bit expensive. We're now paying about $250 (USD) per month- hopefully, we've guessed close to what we'll use so we're not left with a huge bill at the end of the year when we get our next Jahresendabrechnungsbetrag. I'm pretty sure I've never been so excited to get a stinkin' bill figured out and paid. A very painful process especially for a girl who doesn't like bill paying. Now, if we'd ever get a water bill, we'd be set.

See... I am adjusting. Why waste electricity when athletic shorts {that my boys wear quite often} air dry so fast!?

No comments: