Friday, October 22, 2010

Caden Turns F I V E



I can't believe my baby is five years old! For part of his birthday yesterday, we set up a private horse riding lesson for him. I didn't tell him until right before his lesson. He thought we were just checking out the horses at this cool stable which was just fine with him. He was a little apprehensive at first, but did SO well! He had a nice calm horse (Charlie) of course, but I was still AMAZED to see my little guy on the horse riding all on his own! The instructor was fabulous working with him to use his reins and use his balance. He worked on going left and right, kicking to get him to move, whoa to stop. She even had him trotting- which was (no surprise) his favorite part. After his lesson, the instructor let him brush Charlie down, then showed him a few of the show horses they board there along with a 4-month old little filly- so sweet! Wonderful atmosphere- perfect memories!


If we were staying here, I'm sure Caden (& his momma) would be taking more lessons...

1 comment:

Mac and Starr said...

I asked Caden if you rode a horse too and he said, "No, she just took pictures." Sounded like he had a fun time!