Monday, July 20, 2009

Alaska Vacation


We've been back for more than two weeks, and I'm finally getting photos of our Alaska trip up! It was a quick trip- the ten days we were there seemed to fly by! We coordinated with my sister and her husband to vacation at the same time- so much fun! I LOVED playing with my sweet little nephew and hanging out as a big family!We didn't play "tourist", but did hit a few favorite spots. I don't think I'll ever tire of the drive to Portage Glacier. The inlet view is beautiful! This time, we got lucky and saw brown bears on the way- super exciting! We've NEVER seen bears there... very cool!The big boys were "pumped" that Gramps agreed to take them to the gym to work out every morning! They LOVED it- breakfast afterward was a nice treat, too!! They hit the treadmills, weights and even the pool. Once their cool Uncle Mac arrived, he was thrown in the workouts as well. I think more than one of them was a little sore... The boys even talked Mac in to a 20 (or so) mile bike ride along the coastal trail- lots of memories!

We made sure to play... at the park and in Grandma & Grandpa's cul-de-sac. The little boys both had skinned up knees, elbows and arms from crashing on the concrete. Our dirt roads are a little more forgiving! So much fun- thanks Mom & Dad!

2 comments:

Chris,Cori said...

Man, you made me really miss Alaska! If my brother stays there we might go up next year while my mom is up on the slope also to visit. We just really miss it and seein the pictures brings it all back. It looks like you had a wonderful time. Your parents look good and so do you guys. Thanks for sharing the pics. Memories!
Cori and Family

Jody said...

You have been busy posting girl! :) I am so glad you got to go home and go on vacation, I know it recharged us, so i am sure you love it as well :)