Thursday, December 6, 2012

W O W lionel richie?

It's a checking-off-the-bucket-list week for us. After a really rough few weeks filled with a little stress and a lot of studying, Jim surprised me big time.

The managed to knock off three big things on our list of things to do {in our lifetime} all at once.

Tickets to see Lionel Richie live in concert.
In the beautiful city of Cologne (Köln), Germany.
While the Christmas Market is going on in Cologne.

We are leaving this morning for a get-away overnight to see Lionel Richie. He's definitely one of my top ten or even top-five artists. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE his music- always have.
Just 2 1/2 hours away, we are going to be in old town Cologne with a hotel right next door to the Arena and within a fifteen-minute walk of the Cathedral {Dom}. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.

Pictures of the Dom are breathtaking, I can't wait to stand in front of it.

It's the fourth-largest city in Germany with the Cathedral definitely being the most popular landmark. The Rhine River goes through the city. Their Christmas Market is one of the largest and most recommended.

How romantic does it look at night?
And, we get to spend the night there.
I might not be able to sleep tonight.

Best of all, I get to spend it alone with my best friend. It really is wonderful being married to someone you can't get enough of and would spend every spare second of every day with {if I could}. I really, really love that man. {Not just because he got tickets, either...}

It's also kind of nice having a seventeen-year old to hang tight with the little guys. Ty says he's got it. It's just one night- I'm sure they'll be ok. Right?

I'll have my own pictures to post this weekend. For now, these are from Google.

No comments: