Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Coleman v. Caden


It's impossible not to compare my boys- personalities, size, likes, dislikes. Justin used to love broccoli even as a toddler, when most that age are picky. He still will pick real food over sweets any day, but he's also (along with Caden) my most impatient. Coleman is for the most part mellow and plays so well by himself as he has since he was walking, decision making is tough. Ty has been on Tyler-time (no concept of time) since he was little, but is also very loving. Don't rush him! Caden- fiesty since he could scream (birth), but so sweet as well. It's crazy to me how even as little packages- they're total individuals, but also completely opposite!!

I was reminded of the extreme difference between Coleman and Caden as we went to the park the other day. There were orange cones set up around the merry-go-round. Both boys noticed them, but as we were leaving, Caden {H A D} to go through and knock them all down. Coleman was already in the van and we were waiting to leave and couldn't believe what his brother was doing. I didn't think it was that big of a deal- maybe, I should have stopped and made him stand them up again. On his own, Coleman jumped out of the van, ran over to the overturned cones and set them back up. To Caden, the cones were meant to knock down, rules to be broken. For Coleman, it's a big deal for the most part to follow the rules. Oh, Kindergarten's going to be {fun} with Caden... I'm kind of glad he misses the cut-off date and I get him home another year. Oh... to channel his will and energy...

No comments: