Friday, January 23, 2009

Our Little Lady


I'm going to start this post by first admitting to making mistakes in the past. Many mistakes- but specifically in the area of puppies as pets. When we got married, we had a black lab- Sassy. She was definitely our "baby". Once Coleman came along, she had a break down and did not adjust to him at all. (Could have been the solid 5 months of crying...) Anyhow, in an attempt to fill her spot in our family we purchased two different pure-bred lab puppies from breeders two years apart. I'm a firm believer that pets are for life- but, failed miserably with both and found new homes for each of them. The timing wasn't right and I couldn't handle either puppy. That being said... we have adopted a new pup from our Humane Society this week. She's not going anywhere- we absolutely LOVE her. I've never been so bonded so quickly to a pup- EVER.I've never given Boxers the time of day, but now that we have a Boxer pup I can't imagine not having her. She's just 10 months old, but calm as can be. Already, she's walking (not PULLING me) on the leash and even gets on the treadmill. Sleeps better than both of our little guys, too!
I'm sure I'll be posting more about her
...

4 comments:

Jody said...

Ohhhhh so cute! I would post our dog, but Kevin needs to tell the landlord about her, nice huh!

Mac and Starr said...

Ahhh...Kirsten has a boxer and loves her too! Good luck!*

The Dickey Family said...

Awww...she is so cute!! I know that has already been said. Boxers are great pets! I hope she works out for your family!!:)

Chris,Cori said...

She is very cute. Good luck. Our kids are keeping on us about getting a new puppy. They talk about Lizzie constantly and want her back. Chris and I thou, we are good with fish and kids right now! I didn't know you got rid of the black lab thou. Sorry to hear that. Lady I am sure is a keeper! Caden and Coleman look very cute walking her. The Pearson Family