Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A few days to go

I just want my husband back! We only have to endure a couple more days, but it just doesn't seem to be quick enough. It's been more than a week that he's been gone- I'm just grateful that it's not longer. We've managed ok, but it just seems like things are a bit off. Jim's been bored with so much time and nothing to do. We always manage to have a zillion projects and boys to keep us busy at home.

I've tried to stay busy with projects while he's gone, but I've also cried more this week than I have the entire last year. I hate to think of surviving a 4-month deployment. Some couples do well with time apart- we just like to be together!

On a sunny note, our weather is supposed to be in the 80's the rest of the week, so I'm going to try to stay outside and enjoy it! Playing in the dirt might makes things better!

6 comments:

Jody said...

Yeahhhh it sucks when they are gone, so for you and the boys I am so sorry, and of course Jim too! At least it's only a couple of more days... :)

Jody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris,Cori said...

I promise it does get better. You and Jim were there when Chris was gone to Iraq for his deployment and I did the 4 kids. You were a wonderful support to me expecially when Elijah decided to cut off his thumb finger tip and you help rush us to the ER!! I know its draining and it can be daunting at times but your a strong women and thankfully its only a couple more days compared to 4-6 months of deployments!!! We are thinking of you!
Cori

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Sheila. Just think of the homecoming you two will have.

Love you,
Pam

The Dickey Family said...

Yes, it is tough when they are away. In some ways I do appreciate a little time to myself, but then realize I am not truly myself at all until he is back. The kids aren't either. They leave a huge hole until they get back. Just makes you appreciate them so much more!!! Hang in there!

Unknown said...

Where in Georgia is he -- near me? If so, he needs to call me! Alyssa is also running track and she totally loves it -- in fact, she's trying to convince Mark that she should give up softball and run cross country instead. LOL