Thursday, April 12, 2012

more of F R A N C E

Here's a little more of France. I LOVE the churches here. They're all unique, massive and old. Absolutely beautiful both in France and Germany. I can't get enough of them- maybe like taking a thousand moose pictures in Alaska.

As Jim {and our friend Stacey} ordered food inside the little shop, I stood outside waiting. I think I do my fair share of speaking and interpreting German- in France, he gets his turn. I'm lost! I'll hold back with the kids any day!

It's really crazy how already we revert back to German when trying to speak to the French who either don't know a word or won't speak a word of English. 
This time, I think he tried to order zwei or two, then politely said danke to thank them. So funny.

He was laughing at least. We all were. It's flustering trying to communicate with a language barrier.

All of the streets are narrow. Again, the windows are beautifully displayed and decorated. Not the kind of place you take children- that's for sure!
Not sure what kind of store this is... or, what kind of tree this is, but it looked cool.

No comments: