Wednesday, July 4, 2012

E T T A L abbey

HAPPY 4th of July and HAPPY birthday to my dad today!
trying to take as many pictures of all four boys that I can...

Jim left last week to spend most of the month of July in England working at an Air Show.
Anyone and everyone who knows me knows I don't do too well with him gone.

I really miss him.
Nothing new, I just do.
We've managed to stay busy this week with a couple nice days of weather.
As I've been working on planning our next {very exciting, I might add} trip, I realized I still haven't finished posting pictures from our Memorial Day weekend trip.
Towards the end of our long weekend, we stopped long enough to go inside the Ettal Abbey- a Benedictine monastery in the village of Ettal.
 Darling spot on the map- we loved it. Somthing different and kind of cool. We tried to find the monks. In spite of it being Sunday, they were no where to be found.
After each trip {usually as we're driving home} either a week, weekend or day trip, I like to ask everyone what their favorite thing was.

This was Jim's favorite for this weekend get-away.  Founded in 1330, it's just another old, old place with cool detail and history.
Not that we knew that history before going - we were just told to go! One of these days, I'll catch up and read more about where we've been and what we've seen.

I'd like to find out what the two above pictures are all about. On the inside walls?

As I googled Ettal Abbey- a CNN article popped up of a scandal at the church back in 2010. Maybe I should have researched this more. Or, not.

Not sure what goes on there. I do know when I turn around and find one of the boys either asking for the camera, or taking pictures- they must be having a good time.

No comments: