Friday, December 14, 2012

H E L L O is it me you're looking for?

I don't think it would have mattered what city we were in or who we saw or if we even saw anyone in concert.

There is something magical about just being alone together.

We love our boys, but to be without kids for a whole twenty-four hours was fabulous.

No rush, no one to feed, no one cold or tired. It was so rejuvenating.

For us, an early anniversary evening since our anniverary is in January.

I couldn't stop smiling, I felt like a giddy eighth grader the whole night.

We really need to do it more often especially since the boys seemed to do just fine without us.

It was comforting having good friends {Ty's girlfriend and other close friends} in our village who were close for the boys to play with after school and fed them as well.

Ty let them stay up late, they all slept in our room and everyone was happy.

Plus, they made it to the bus in the morning. I told Ty if he overslept- he'd be stuck with the littles all day long.

You better believe he woke up to his alarm. He wasn't about to let that happen!

We thought these condiment containers at the arena were kind of cool. You know they put mayo on their fries over here, right?

I could have been anywhere with my amazing man and it wouldn't have mattered.

The fact that we got to see and listen to Lionel Richie for almost two hours was incredible.

His voice is amazing. His piano-playing ability always impressive and probably what I love most about him. That and the fact that has written and can sing some beautiful love songs.

It was the concert that you can sing along {and dance} to almost every song since we've all heard them about a thousand times. A little Commodores {Brick House}, a little dancing {Dancing on the Ceiling}, a lot of love...{Ballerina Girl, Endless Love sans Diana Ross, Say You, Say Me.... and on and on and on}.
Loved it. I'm still singing it a week later... {Deep River Woman was stuck in my head most of today...}. I'd see him again in a heartbeat. Jim did really, really well with this surprise.
Today is Justin's birthday. He's 19!
He gets to fly all day long with a ticket to Germany for his birthday!

Not a cool birthday, but I think we'll make it up to him.
We can hardly wait to get him home. He can hardly wait to get here.
Oh, it's going to be a fun break. 

No comments: