Sunday, January 27, 2013

love of the P I A N O

While looking through pictures, I found so many surprises and reminders of happy times.
Look at this little gem that I was so pleased to come across.

Ty and his uncle Seth both have a love for the piano.

In this picture, Ty was probably bugging Seth as he was working on a song. They are both a little persistent. Looks like Seth might have given in and let Ty up on the bench back then. I think it is so sweet.
Seth can pretty much sit down anytime at any piano and impress anyone within hearing range with his amazing talent and ability. He never uses sheet music and has the most beautiful ballads at the tips of his fingers ready to play for anyone lucky enough to listen. He is beyond amazing.

Ty took piano in elementary school and decided he didn't like it, so I let him stop after just a year of lessons.

He started up asking to get back into it in middle school. After several attempts at finding a teacher, I unfortunately let the ball drop.

Now that he is a senior, he was able to sign up for piano as one of his electives. He even just spent his money on a new keyboard as well so he can play and practice at home. Figures for the first time we don't have a piano in the house- he is taking lessons.

It is definitely in his blood. I'm happy to see him so excited. I really hope he will keep going with it.

No comments: