Sunday, February 17, 2013

i L O V E february

It was a beautiful week.
Valentine's Day and my birthday!
Oh, I love February.

I turned 40! How exciting is that?
I feel so young!

My amazing husband brought lunch and flowers to me at work, then planned and prepared an amazing dinner.

Grilled salmon, a little steak, artichokes and bruschetta {yum}!

For dessert, he made the BEST angel food cake with fresh German strawberries.

It came out of the oven, then promptly flopped.

It still tasted wonderful- even better as they sang Happy Birthday to me! I'm not one who ever needs to be in the spotlight, but it is wonderful to feel so loved and remembered.

I am so blessed and can not imagine a more perfect life than I have. Not always easy, but perfect to me.

Justin sacrificed by skipping English {yikes} to be able to Skype me a Happy Birthday... how does a mom get mad at that?

It was also so nice to receive calls, packages and so many messages from friends and family.
SO much fun!

Along with a couple surprises, we are taking a quick weekend trip together to Stockholm, Sweden in a couple of weeks.

We can't wait to see another amazing city in Europe. It won't be warm, but promises to be spectacular.

I can hardly wait!

No comments: