Friday, October 26, 2007

a different kind of surprise

I wouldn't say I really like being surprised, as in startled but there is something to be said about really being surprised! The kind I like are mostly things being done without asking... dinner on the table... clean rooms... tulips and roses are always nice too! I decided to surprise Jim today. He had to go back to work- something he's not too happy with. Actually, it's the only thing we're not liking about Kansas. We decided yesterday that it we really wish we were already at that retired stage in life... to just do projects together every day! (I'd even build another basement if I got him home full-time!)
Anyhow, today's surprise... see how far I can get with the painting while he's at work! Don't you think he'll be excited?! Now that our life revolves around this stinkin' basement... our priorities and things that make us happy have adapted! I'm even starting to think that I might get some trim for our 5th anniversary in January instead of the anniversary band I've been planning for the last few years! Time to paint...

1 comment:

The Goughs said...

Congratulations on your new home. Looks like the whole family is hard at work! We wish we had a front porch, too. Such a nice way to spend family time (and ours is growing!) P.S. You'll have to let me know how having two little ones in a row works out just in case we decide to double our fun :)