Monday, August 24, 2009

EWF & Chicago

When they announced on the radio that Earth Wind & Fire and Chicago were putting on a concert together here in Wichita, I called Jim immediately and let him know that he had to take me to it. I love both bands- it's a toss-up for me which I like better. I was so crazy-excited! It got even more exciting for me the next day as I won tickets on the radio! Ty actually thinks he gets to take credit for winning them since I woke him up (lazy summer morning) handed him his cell phone with the number and told him when to call in. His phone just happened to be the one who got through.

Anyhow... free tickets, hot date... I've been pumped since June! This weekend finally came and needless to say, I was not one bit disapointed! What a great concert- I don't think I stopped smiling the whole time! Our seats were amazing- right up near the front on the floor and the music was incredible! Those guys can PLAY- amazing instrumentals! EW&F has been together for 40 years now, which is probably part of the reason we felt like the youngest in the crowd! The two groups started together, played separated and ended together... old favorites, new tunes... it was all fabulous!

3 comments:

Jody said...

We LOVE Chicago, that is very cool! :0)

The Dickey Family said...

Love Chicago too!! Great love ballads...how blessed you were to be the winner!!

Dana said...

Love it when good Karma does its trick. I felt the same way when I got a free ticket to see Wynonna here on base. Her mom joined her on stage for a few songs - it was amazing