Thursday, October 31, 2013

eight is G R E A T for C A D E N

Caden turned eight last week.
I went to have lunch with him on his birthday and overheard this conversation {out of the blue} between Caden and his buddy.

Caden: "What's your favorite college football team, Dominic?"
Dominic: "I don't know..."
Caden: "No, really- just pick one."
Dominic: "OK, Florida."
Caden: "Do you know any players on Florida's team?"
Dominic: "No."
Caden: "You don't know any and it's your favorite team?"

He was being a little pushy... I felt the need to insert myself into the conversation.

So, I asked Caden to tell me his favorite team and name some players. I should have known his answer, but instead it caught me off guard.

Caden: "Highland Scotties is definitely my favorite team and I know Justin Dickey, {and a few other players he rattled off}..."

The boy loves his brother. His friend stood no chance. Imagine the surprise on his face when he received his birthday package from Justin. Justin bought a football and took it on the bus on his last road trip so his team could sign it for Caden.
A football signed by his very favorite football team. Wow. I think he slept with it for the first few days. The rest of his birthday was low-key but nice as well. Bowling with the family, cheesecake, Hawaiian haystacks. He also loves his new Chargers hoody from his Aunt Starr and Uncle Mac and the cards/money from Granny, G'pa & G'ma and Grandma and Grandma Dickey. So much love.
Our baby is growing up.

No comments: