Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Goodbye Grandma!

Goodbyes are always so difficult! For the last couple of months, we've been spoiled to have Grandma visiting. She came down the end of August, and headed back North yesterday. With the exception of just over a week at my brother's house and just over a week at my sister's house, we had her for almost two months. For some, this might be a little long for a mother/mother-in-law visit, but we weren't ready for her to leave. We definitely worked too much while she was here, but enjoyed the visit.
The extra hands, best foot rubs in the world, laundry mysteriously washed, help with dishes, miles and miles and miles of driving to pick up and drop off the big boys, errands all over the place and all the other help was greatly appreciated! We miss you already... and your bed is already made with clean sheets for you to come back!
Thanks for everything, mom- we LOVE you!!

4 comments:

The Dickey Family said...

How grateful you must be to have her around!

Chris,Cori said...

HI Guys,
Just stopped in and seen your mom's and brother's visit. How very nice. I miss having my mom close by as well. I miss having my family close by period and know how it feels when they leave and know we won't see them for months. I haven't even seen my father for almost a year nor my brother. I feel it too and the kids miss them all terribly. I glad you got such a nice long visit. I too missed my wash being done without me doing it along with the dishes! Hope you all are well.
Love The Pearson Family

Jody said...

Ok, Shelia it has to be said... Is there anyone in your family not absoulty stunning?? :) Girl...you, your sister, your brother and your mom are georgeous! :) Cori tells me your whole family is this wonderful! I think it's so awesome you got to see her, it's sad when she leaves, but the memories she is making with your kids are so priceless.... I wonder if it's ok, to be our age and Home Sick! :) I know I miss my parents! Love Jody

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the sweet words. I hope you all know that I loved being there -- even on the rainy days!!
I consider myself among the few that are so lucky to be welcomed in and treated to sweetly. I cherish the choice memories we made.
I love you all
Always have Always will