Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Coleman Starts T-Ball

Last summer, Coleman loved playing ball in our yard. Daddy and Grandma B both put some time in with him hitting balls. We have been a little slower getting out this spring to practice and realized at his first real t-ball practice last week we haven't even gone over the rules or the game with him! It's quite entertaining to watch 4-6 year olds running running after every ball from every position, forgetting to touch the base and learning the game of baseball.
The first thing the coach asked them is if anyone could catch. Coleman quickly raised his hand and started on 1st base... We hadn't even played catch with him! Guess we have some work to do!
On another note, Tyler and Justin have their first track meets today. My excitement turned to a little nervousness last night at the dinner table when Tyler told me he was running hurdles today. I love watching them, but secretly, I think I've been a little relieved that neither of my boys have done it. Some of those kids hit hard... and each hurdle, I find myself holding my breath. Ty let me know as well that one of his friends broke his arm last year after missing a hurdle and falling... just great!

My brother Seth was amazing and I'm proud of Ty for trying something new, but... he didn't even start until YESTERDAY... and he's competing TODAY. I'm sure I'll be a bit nervous- glad Grandma's not here to be stressed out along with me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Coleman's poses in the outfield, they're classic!! Hang in their Mom & Dad, he'll be fine.

Love,
Pam