Tuesday, February 28, 2012

T R A C K season is here

It was a long weekend of basketball for ALL of us!

Saturday morning, the little guys had their last game which meant our {Jim, Ty and me} last game of coaching.

Overall, it was successful and I like to think a positive experience all the way around.

Ty and I really enjoyed the coaching aspect of the season with our seven and eight-year old little players.

For Jim, it was a little painful.

He asked me to please not volunteer us for basketball again. Just around the corner, he is going to be assistant coach for Caden's t-ball team.
Our friend is head coach, so it should be fun. I'll be back on the sidelines taking pictures and video. I have no pictures of our basketball season- we were on the court the whole time. Oh, well.

Justin and the Ramstein Royals basketball team had the European Championship tournament in Wiesbaden, Germany- about an hour north of us.

Wiesbaden has an army base {where the tournament was held} and is located next to Mainz, Germany- a beautiful city.

I missed a turn on our way home one night, and we were re-routed by the GPS through downtown Mainz.

Nervous to drive in downtown cities anywhere in Europe- I wasn't thrilled to be navigating my way through this major city on a Friday night.

At a glance, it was an amazing city. We will definitely be returning to see more of Mainz.

With games on Thursday, Friday and the championship game Saturday night it was a LOT of driving- close to 150 miles each day.

Fortunately, this is a beautiful country- even in February.

I still find myself in awe of the churches, vineyards and beautiful villages nestled in the rolling hills. Jim drove Saturday, so I was able to take a couple pictures from the passenger seat.
After a tough tournament and some competitive basketball, the championship game was a let down to say the least. We were extremely disappointed in the playing and coaching.

Ramstein lost, ending up second place in Division 1. Not the way to end a season, but Justin's relieved it's over. By Sunday morning, he had already moved on. He woke up ready for track season and hit the gym to lift weights.

I think we're through the worst of winter, the bulbs are starting to pop. I'm ready to hit the road to get out and see Germany.

It's going to be a full spring and summer!
 Coleman started off watching, but got bored. He spent the second half resting between the bleachers on the floor. We were all exhausted!

No comments: