Saturday, October 27, 2012

T R I C K on our 7-year old Caden

It was the best birthday, ever.

For me, at least.

We skipped the party and Caden didn't even seem to mind. Seriously, I'm about the worst birthday-party mom. They're just not enjoyable in the least for me.

I love making their favorite dinner. I love setting the table. I love seeing them a year older. I even love taking cupcakes to their classes. I don't love throwing parties with tons of screaming kids.
Maybe I'm just a bad party-planner and can't justify spending hundreds of dollars to take them somewhere cool.

Dinner for our little seven-year old was Hawaiian Haystacks (rice with chicken/gravy and toppings including cheese, mandarin oranges, chow mein noodles, celery, tomato) and artichokes. Fresh artichokes, not the kind out of a jar or in a dip.

Dessert: homemade cheesecake. He likes what he likes. I think that's been the same menu for him three years in a row.

He was happy. I was happy.
The only things he asked for were white football pants for away games, of course. He is a Highland Scottie, you know? And, he wanted a hill bike. Not a mountain bike, a hill bike.

We get these little Caden-isms every day. He's so funny, I just hope we don't forget them.

We had a couple friends over including Ty's girlfriend {aka Caden's girlfriend} for dinner, cake and gifts. After opening his birthday presents and cards and receiving money from grandparents and his aunt/uncle we joked with him that maybe now he would have enough for his hill bike.
Of course, we had already bought it and had it hidden in the laundry room. We told Caden to go feed Lady so he'd walk right into it.

He was surprised. Makes life fun.

It's huge, but he loves it. Crazy kid.

Justin's final football game of the season is Sunday this weekend, not Saturday, not Monday. They play Independence at Independence. I'll get the link up tomorrow.

Ty's Ramstein Royals start semi-final play today at home.
Super Six finals are next weekend for him. After they win today, of course.

No comments: