Friday, October 12, 2012

ty is on a bus to E N G L A N D

It's been a busy week- I am so happy for Friday. Guess I am always happy for Friday.
Ty left last night for a 16-hour {+} bus ride to England for a football game.

That is one long bus ride.

At least it's a nice tour bus.

Both J & T assure me that doesn't help too much. It's still really, really long.

It is cool being his third trip to England. He's only seventeen.

I have yet to go. Jim's not quite ready to take me yet. He spent too long {most of July} there.

Justin plays tomorrow at home v. Garden City. Kick-off is at 1:00 CST.
The HCC link to watch it is:
http://highlandcc.edu/pages/sports-live-stream

The Garden City link is:
http://www.westernkansasnews.com/gccc-sports-streaming/

They had a new radio cast on the last home game. They were horrible. Caden was learning how to make tally marks in school that week, so we decided to count {by tally mark} how many times the guy cleared his throat on air.

We counted 84 times.
Eighty-four.
We did switch to the other school's site, but the video was even worse, so we ended up hanging with the Highland crew.

Hopefully, this weekend is better.

Can't really be any worse. We might be watching from the Garden City perspective if it is.

We got a frost here this week. Today it is a cold rain and super grey skies. The fall colors are are really a sight to see here. Lots of orange and red.

I like that the geraniums are still beautiful. I'm hanging on a every bit of summer in spite of knowing that it's gone.

Mine are about ready to clean out of the window boxes.

I think it's about time for winter- fires in the fireplace, hot soups, mittens, scarfs, socks, and hot chocolate.

Not sure I'm ready.

Guess I have no choice.

No comments: