Monday, October 1, 2012

P O R T I R A G N E S

Happy October! I'm choosing to think sunny, happy thoughts today as the grey and darkness of winter are kicking in here in over here.
 
Portiragnes was definitely my favorite Southern-France beach.

Picture-perfect beautiful. The weather wasn't the most cooperative as a fog came across the beach marring the view of the lifeguards.

The water was warm, sand was super white and soft. If it would have been a little hotter- perfect.

I'm not a collector of much.

I like paper and pens. I don't do spoons. I don't do fabric since I don't know how to sew. I have forever loved shells even though I don't even have a collection of them. I remember numerous trips to Seward and all I wanted to look at and buy were the shells in the shops.

Love them.

I also loved collecting agates along Kenai beach in Alaska as a little girl.

It was my absolute favorite thing to do on the peninsula. I could spend hours searching for the clear rocks.

Sitting in the Mediterranean Sea collecting shells is pretty great, too. I have also fallen in love with searching for tumbled glass pieces.


I love not only how beautiful it is, but how relaxing the search is while watching what each new wave is going to bring ashore.

I've started my small collection in a mason jar.
I told Jim the bucket-list goal is to fill it up from beaches everywhere.
Simple pleasures.

No comments: