Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Berries & Peaches

This last couple of weeks has been WAY too busy! Too much work... not enough play! After a really long couple of day working last week (plaques covering about every square inch of open space in our house) I told Caden we were going to play the next day- Mommy worked too much! His response, "Where? Where did you work?" As long as he thinks it's all play- guess we're doing alright!
We did take a break last week to visit a farm close to our house for peach and blackberry picking- yum!! I think Tyler and I had the most fun- we were working on peaches while Jim and Justin tried to fill the bucket with blackberries. Coleman and Caden just bounced around mostly enjoying the two dogs the farmer had walking around.
Once our box was full of peaches, we found some full blackberry bushes and picked more than enough in no time!


I have yet to make any pies... or cobbler, but I did make my first batch of jam! It actually turned out better than expected- fun times!

1 comment:

Chris,Cori said...

Love the pictures. I miss fresh fruit and vegetable picking in Omaha! It looks like you guys had fun. I know my kids would love to go that too. I am glad your busy with the wood plaques. Me not so great. I think because we are still learning the software I get discourged after making tons of things and posting them and only selling a couple of things. Oh well, I know it will take off when its suppose too. Your a great mentor! Talk to you soon, Cori