Friday, October 28, 2011

completely H E A L E D

The cast is off and boy are we glad. I guess Coleman is too!

It was smelly with it on, we could only imagine how horrible it would be once cut off. We were right- it was nasty! Beyond nasty.

I'm {almost} embarrassed to post the lower photo- it was so disgusting. Brown and rotten. So gross.

No amount of hand sanitizer, wet wipes and gentle washing could get under there or keep it clean. I guess there is just no way around it.

Ugh.

The doctor asked Coleman if he had any issues with his cast. He immediately said, "Yes." He looked over at me a little puzzled, then asked Coleman what trouble he had.
He said in a most serious tone, "I couldn't itch under it, I couldn't get it wet and it smells really bad." All he could say back {as he chuckled} was, "You're right- those are issues." I'm not sure he was expecting a response from my little blondie.

The doctor showed me the new x-rays and the lines where it was fractured are no longer there. It is completely healed. The body is such an amazing thing. I'm was amazed looking at the screen.
In the x-rays from even a month ago, I could distinctly see two breaks. Six weeks and his arm is good as new. He said it would take an impact equal to or close to the one he had to break it again- it's already that strong.

But, we might want to keep him off wheels {skateboards, rollerblades} for another couple months while it continues to grow. I added monkey bars to his list.

Smells much better now and he has NO excuse for bad pennmanship.  

No comments: