Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Christmas Tree Farm

I wanted the whole experience. This fall, I missed picking apples at the apple orchard, didn't make it to the pumpkin patch or even the corn maze. I didn't want to miss out on picking out a Christmas tree at a tree farm.

All of the above are experiences that Alaska doesn't offer. My mom says we had real trees when I was little, but I don't remember... this seemed like my first REAL Christmas tree and I LOVE it! There was a little resistance, but after our morning at the tree farm it's definitely a new tradition for us!


The farm we found is run by an older couple- the man drove us around to the field area on his old John Deere tractor, then let us off to look for "our perfect tree." Justin decided the first one he saw would work... but, we made him walk around until we found the right one. They came and cut it for us, then loaded it back on the trailer to clean it, shake it and load it!
SO MUCH FUN!!

1 comment:

Chris,Cori said...

Your family looks great and you all look like you had a great time at the tree farm and on Thanksgiving. Great Pictures!
The Pearson Family