Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A sign of SPRING?

I'm a little confused... Yesterday, the boys were home because of the icy roads- school was canceled. It's been bitter cold-definitely winter weather. However, I looked in my flower bed and my tulip bulbs are coming up ALREADY! It seems that it's too early, and I don't know what to think! I hope they'll make it and this really is the time for them to start poking their heads up out of the ground. It just seems way too early to be seeing green. Not that I'm not excited... I've said it before and I'll say it again... I LOVE planting bulbs. They take a little time to get in the ground (mostly if you decide to plant a zillion at once) but, a in return you get a double dose of excitement! It's almost like a surprise when they come up in the spring since it's easy to forget that they're even there. I can't wait to see them... and of course, I'm definitely ready for HOT summer weather again- LOVE IT!

1 comment:

Jody said...

Me too! Am confused that is... we go from 65 one day to 40 the next, it's killing my sinus!: ) I love the top pic! Very nice