Thursday, February 19, 2009

All About the Shop

I know... it's been all about the shop lately! We're so excited! Our building is finished- the electrician is wiring it up this week sometime, then the work of moving Jim's "toys" over will begin!! Last week, I got our builder to admit we weren't too difficult to work with... quite decisive- at least we think! But, after they poured the concrete, I decided we needed a bigger pad for the boys to play basketball on. It just wasn't wide enough to practice those 3-pointers! So, they're coming back to pour more concrete.

We're going to fill in t
he whole space that Coleman is standing in (in the large photo). From the edge all the way out to the three posts on the porch will finish off their court. It's a lot of concrete, but with all boys- boys who love basketball- I want it done right! The shots above are from the front, side porch and the back.

As you can see, our little Ladybug already thinks she's the guard dog.
I had the boys put their hand prints in the concrete- should be fun to show grandkids... since now we're definitely not wanting to move again!

5 comments:

Jody said...

I LOVE the handprints Shelia!! What a great idea! :) Your shop looks great! I want a studio and dark room, soooo bad! :)

Dana said...

it needs a finishing touch - a vinyl sign!!!!! looks great.

Mac and Starr said...

looks good! I can't wait til we can come see it!*

Chris,Cori said...

Looks great guys!
The Pearson Family

Unknown said...

Yay! How exciting. I'm also glad that's Lady's last name Bug stuck! : )