Thursday, October 13, 2011

it is F A L L in deutschland

Another busy, busy week. At this point, they seem to fly. I know I'm going to miss this some day. Things are good- just busy.

It's definitely fall in Germany. The chill is in the air, but I still manage to make it just fine in flip flops. I just hate socks. Hate them. The colors are changing making the scenery beautiful. I especially love the red ivy that grows up the old houses. I'll have to take a picture- it is the most vibrant red. I love it.

I was excited the other day as our adopted Oma from across the street, stopped by with this beautiful fall arrangement of flowers. I was on the phone and missed talking to her.

Jim caught up with her instead. She just makes me laugh- I just love her. Typical, 100% German.

The boys are headed to England this weekend for a football game. It will be Ty's second time to travel there- Justin's first trip. We have yet to make it.

We were going to make the trek up for this game, but decided to hold off not quite able to make it this time. Track goes back to England- we'll have to make that trip in the Spring. I'm sure it's much prettier then anyways. Right? I'm thinking Scotland/England/Ireland together...

I am relieved to have a couple friends {football moms} headed up, so if anything happens they're ok. I'm just a little paranoid about the possibility of any of my boys getting hurt after Coleman's broken arm. Football is rough.

It's a 15+ hour bus ride, but supposedly much, much quicker in the car. Maybe 4 or 5 hours to the ferry where you put your vehicle on, then ride across the English Channel about 2 hours or so. Once off, it's another couple hours up to the base there. They leave at 10:00 tonight, to travel all night. I'm sure that was strategically planned to hopefully have them asleep for most of the trip.

It's been almost a year that we've been in Germany. Their favorite snacks are the same {beef jerkey, protein bars, Gatorade}. However, I still think it's crazy for these road trips that they need their passports. Passports. So crazy. We've got the Euro thing down- and know to always send Euro and US money {in case the can hit a commissary on a base}.

This trip, we're sending them with Euro {for before they cross in the fairy while still in France}, US money {for the US base in England} and Pounds, since they'll obviously be in England.

Another day of life in Europe. It's the pumpkin patch for us with the little guys this weekend. I can hardly wait.

No comments: