Thursday, October 27, 2011

a little too F A S T

So, dinner last night was a little stressful for Justin and I. Jim got an email at work yesterday asking if KL... was a license plate on one of our vehicles. He called me and asked. I checked the van- yep, it's us.
Someone driving the van back in August, was clocked speeding somewhere here in Germany. It was highway B270 or something like that which still means nothing to me. They could have said the street name and I still wouldn't have known where it was or if it was me even if it was ten minutes from our house.

He had an appointment this morning with the security guy to see the video/photo of who it was. Last night, all we could do was speculate.

Jim figured it wasn't him. Of course not- he doesn't speed that often. Plus, it's very likely he was at work. That left Justin or I. Hmmm. I immediately said I thought it was me. I have been known to have a lead foot- right, dad? But, Justin can drive fast, too.

For me, it's been more than ten years since my last speeding ticket. Back then, I was going over 90 in something like a 65 or 70 zone, so it was legit. In my opinion, I've slowed way down. That is until I get on the Autobahn- then all rules are off. Love it.

Justin acted a little nervous. I'm sure he was just hopeful it was me. Well, it was. Jim made his appointment this morning and said I was right there on the video- sunglasses and all. Now, we get to wait to see what price I get to pay.

I think he said it was something like 10 km over the speed limit which is a violation for like 5 or 6 miles per hour too fast. They don't mess around here. Guess, I'll slow down. Or, maybe I'll tell Justin it was him so he slows down. Nah, that would be mean. But, I could probably get away with it.

No comments: