Saturday, October 22, 2011

horses & F O O T B A L L

It's pretty much a repeat of last year for Caden's birthday this week. Only difference was being half way around the world without our Kansas friends.

His birthday dinner was the same {Hawaiian Haystacks}, his cake the same {cheesecake}. He likes what he likes- no question about that.

After several failed attempts at making the Ultimate Cheesecake that we love- I've decided to never make it again. Never. It's not too often that

I totally give up on something, but this is one of them and I have no problem admitting that I can't do it.

It's a little bit of work, but mine always comes out lumpy {the last five times I tried} no matter how long I leave the stinkin' cream cheese out on the counter to get soft. I can leave it out all night, beat it for an hour and I still have lumps. Inevitably, someone makes a comment. Just doesn't work for me.

So, we now call it Daddy's Ultimate Cheesecake since he's the one who makes it.
It was a really great day- can't believe our little man is already six {6}.
For Caden's birthday- he got new football pants since his others were shredded in the knee, a new football {because you can never have too many of those, right?} a super cool jersey from his super cool Aunt and Uncle in Denver, very nice cards and money and a few other fun things.
They're so easy to please when they're little. I love this age. He is our little sweet boy, our baby. We love him so much.

1 comment:

Mac and Starr said...

He looks so happy! Wish we could've been there!! xoxo*