Sunday, January 29, 2012

too D A R K

Now that we've been here more than a year, I'm still trying to figure out the very best time and season for everyone to come VISIT us. Christmas markets are charming. Spring is green. Summer is filled with light.

That being noted- January is definitely NOT the time to be in Germany. I'm guessing not in Europe unless you're a skier headed for the Alps.

On our second floor, we have a window that opens up- kind of part of the roof. This is the view from the top- looking down our street at the church. Love the church bells. Don't love the grey. We haven't had a flake of snow this winter which is fine with me. We have however had an abundance {more than enough} rain. It seems to literally rain every single day bringing dark clouds and grey skies.

It was black ice and rain one morning last week. Justin and Ty left early to work out {they leave around  5:30} before school. In a role-reversal moment, Justin sent me the following {very sweet} text after he and Ty decided they needed to let me know about the roads.

It said:
"If your driving be careful of black ice. Road from Mackenbach to east gate there was a flipped car."

Just last week, I was driving and my auto-lights popped on. You know when it gets dark enough outside that they automatically turn on lighting up your whole dash? Yep, that happened.

It was pretty routine except for the fact that it was at 3:30 in the afternoon. That's too early for headlights- anywhere.

It's just too dark. I'm ready for Spring. I was doing ok {well, a trip to some sun helped...} until Jim let me know it was in the 70's this week in Oklahoma where he's on a business trip. Now, I'm feeling homesick.

Only a couple more days of January, right?

No comments: