Monday, April 7, 2008

My Big Planters

I feel a little guilty as I'm starting to write today... my parents let me know they received 11" of snow this weekend... dad was out shoveling... Sorry, Mom... come see our flowers! Our 1st tulip bloomed this weekend as well... exciting news at our house!

I love working in the dirt!!! Love the smell of cut grass (especially since the big boys can now mow), planting flowers, picking out weeds- I love it all! This weekend, the boys and I put our planters together. I think it was the 1st time I've ever had their help and it was so much fun. Justin jumped right out there to work with me, Ty preferred to jump with the little guys on the tramp. Oh well, it did keep them out of my way!

I put six of these big pots all on the front porch and couldn't be happier with them! Justin mixed my dirt with the steer manure (a big deal for Justin to get dirty) and filled all six of them for me. First with bricks, then pea gravel, then my dirt mixture. It was quite the process. He didn't complain, but did mention more than once... "Mom, you sure picked out big pots..." I love them and can't wait for them to fill out!!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Will you come do mine? I have no idea what I am doing! And I definitely need help. You must have warmer weather than us. I haven't even thought to plant yet. I usually leave that for May.