Sunday, April 20, 2008

Picked

Like most moms, I love it when my little guys bring me flowers. Usually, dandelions or other wildflowers in the yard. They're so proud and excited to make my day. We get the little cup of water out and set it next to the sink.

I was a little less excited this week when Coleman and Caden decided to pick some flowers for me- my tulips! Tulips are my favorite flower and for the first time, I've been able to enjoy them in our yard. Each day, (sometimes several times a day)I go out and check the three spots I have them planted in to see what new blooms have shown themselves. I love them- the ivory ones are my favorite.
We had a little chat about NOT picking mom's tulips and put them in several small glasses since they picked as close as they could to the flower. They do look beautiful on the dining room table. Caden very convincingly said to me, "Mom, I promise not to pick your tulips again." We'll see. He promises every night that he's going to sleep in his own bed and that rarely happens. Can I really believe a two-year old?

1 comment:

Krista said...

Your tulips are so beautiful! Please come teach me.