Friday, June 20, 2008

Dripping Cones

If there is one place my little guys will fall asleep it's late in the afternoon while driving. Usually, the later the more likely. When they do, it makes bedtime horrible because they're not ready to go back to sleep. We're ready for them to be in bed at 7:30, but they're not! Generally, we do whatever we can to keep them awake if we see them starting to fade.
On our way home from the pool yesterday, ice cream cones were my way of keeping their eyes open! The first half of the way home, we were looking for McDonald's. The second half, their ice cream cones kept them busy. Worked well. It was another reminder to me of the stages that are passing with Caden being my last baby. Just last summer, I was still having to lick around Coleman's cone to keep it from dripping all over. He's somehow figured it out over the winter. Caden's was a mess, and no matter how many times you tell them to lick around the perimeter. They just don't get it. Why? Next summer, I have a feeling I'll have to buy my own cone- no more babies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clara and Miles are the same....although Miles will still generally go to sleep if he falls asleep at the wrong time. Clara will be up until 11pm (or later) when she falls asleep in the afternoon. We were driving back from the cabin today and she slept the whole way home (NO way to avoid it). It's 10:30 and I think she's FINALLY asleep! - which is actually early all things concidering.