Friday, June 13, 2008

Wicked Clouds

We're starting to wonder when this severe weather season is going to end! Last night, after putting the little guys to bed, I decided to step out on our back porch to try to get some lightening pictures. Jim immediately looked at the sky and said, "those are pretty wicked clouds." He's a little more cautious than I am- goes without saying. A bolt of lightening actually scared me, and the thought crossed my mind that this is how people get struck by lightening. I got my pictures and within minutes we were waking up Coleman and Caden and heading down to our shelter (Thanks, Uncle Dana) to wait out the tornado that was spotted.

Surprisingly, our satellite (TV) didn't go out, so we cranked the volume up on the TV and listened to our meteorologists as they told exactly where the tornado touched down- only a few miles down the road. I don't think there is any damage, but it was a little too close for comfort!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're thankful you have the shelter. You are welcome!

Love Uncle Dana & Aunt Pam