Monday, June 9, 2008

Melons


Until I met Jim, I don't think I ever met anyone that didn't like watermelon. I thought it was one of those foods that everyone loves. I was wrong- so wrong. Not only does Jim not like it, his mom and both brothers don't do melons either. No cantalope. No honeydew. I was even more shocked when Coleman turned it down as a baby. Could he have inherited this dislike from his daddy? It's definitely not from my side... we ALL love a juicy melon!
With summer here, I bought my first watermelon last week. Couldn't turn it down for just $3.99. Coleman acted excited as I was cutting it up. I was even more excited thinking that it was a fluke that he gagged and spit it out the last three summers that I've put it in front of him. He happily took his wedge out on the back porch to eat. I was about to let Jim know that his boys were ALL enjoying it until I realized that it was quickly handed off to Caden to eat. Oh well, three out of my four boys love it! It was yummy!!

2 comments:

The Dickey Family said...

Yes, it is a bummer that Josh doesn't eat melons. My family is a mix on things. I mean Blake likes cantelope, but no watermelon, and Lauren hates cantelope but loves watermelon. I like them both but Josh hates them both. So hard to please everyone around here!

Anonymous said...

Definately not a trait from your side of the family, Sheila. Because we love all fruit & veggies.

Love,
Uncle Dana & Aunt Pam