Friday, November 7, 2008

Horse Crazy

I LOVE horses. I have for as long as I can remember. As a little girl, I was one of those who begged for a horse for Christmas every year. Of course back then, I thought our little corner lot with chain-link fencing was a big enough spot for a horse. I now understand! We had a neighbor with horses who let me take care of them while she was out of town- a dream for me! I would just pretend they were mine. I didn't even mind feeding and hauling water up the street to them at 6:00am in the dead of winter- usually with way below zero temperatures.

Lucky for us, we have wonderful neighbors behind us (we share a property line) who just happen to have horses. I love looking out and just being able to watch them. They've been gracious enough to let everyone have a chance to ride them (Jim included). While he didn't get the thrill from the ride, the boys are just about hooked. Coleman's decided that he's changing careers when he grows up from the race car driver (that he's always wanted to be) to a "horse rider". When it's his turn to get off, he begs for more time.
I love riding as well, but have enjoyed watching the boys just as much- as their eyes light up each time they get in the saddle.

1 comment:

The Dickey Family said...

How fun for the boys and you...Lauren is in love with horses too! We travel weekly to the Equestrian Center for lessons and education. I like horses, but they are a little intimidating. We are learning though! I definately want a pony someday...Smokey Joe is so fun and SASSY! We love her!
Take care!