Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Halloween

This is our second year living in Kansas, but I'm still in awe of the fall weather! I can't ever remember a Halloween that the boys weren't covered with their coats, snowpants, gloves, and hats with costumes underneath. What's the point? Maybe that's why I have NEVER enjoyed Halloween! The weather here has been just beautiful, and I'm starting to realize why so many, including Jim, consider Fall their favorite time of year. I've always dreaded fall because it's really just the start of winter in Alaska- chill in the air, snow usually on the ground, frost on the windshield. This week, we've enjoyed mid to upper 70's... and it's November! I can't believe it- feels like HEAVEN!

Coleman and Caden were little pirates, and had a wonderful time trick-or-treating with our sweet neighbors girls. We went to a nearby neighborhood- much easier to visit houses than on our dirt road! Dressed in t-shirts and sandals, it was a great evening for all of us!!

1 comment:

Jody said...

We are the same way... Nice and excited that we can see our costume instead of a coat under or over it! :) The boys looked really cute by the way!