Monday, November 24, 2008

Mornings

As Justin's starting his 2nd week of basketball practices, I've been thinking a lot about mornings. I'm not a morning person- never have been. The question in my mind is... Is it possible to become a morning person, or am I just bound to be a night owl for the rest of my life? With Justin's practices starting at 6:00 am, we have to leave the house by 5:20. He has to have time to shoot around and warm up, right? I would probably be there with a minute to spare, but Justin's the responsible one here. His coach let it be known that he's up at 4 every morning, and sleeps in until 4:15 on Saturdays, then runs his 4 miles a day. I don't get it- and even think he's just a little crazy!!

Last week, I only drove two of the five days, six days if you count Saturday (they did get to sleep in and started at a very LATE 7:30). Jim did the bulk of the driving. Before the schedule started, I had big plans (all in my mind) to come home to a quiet house and either work out or get a couple hours of work in before the little guys were up and running. Didn't happen. I just can't seem to get going when I can lay down for just a few more minutes... I can't see it happening this week either... or next...

I just love photos of Caden sleeping. Guess it's because his naps are so rare!

No comments: