Friday, November 14, 2008

Ty MADE the team- YEAH!!

We decided the other day that Justin IS going to get his permit... restricted license... or whatever he needs to start driving. He's the craziest kid who hasn't had ANY desire to drive. We don't understand, but haven't been too worried... until this week...

I've ALWAYS wanted my boys to play basketball. Last year, they both decided to try it out for the 1st time in their young lives... Justin made the team, Tyler didn't.

We're so proud that Tyler decided to try out again this year and found out yesterday that he MADE the team! He's pretty excited and worked so hard! Justin made the freshman team as well. I'm elated!! Then, reality kicked in as I sat in the parent's meeting and put the schedule together with both of them playing... Justin's practices are 6:00 am, Tyler's are after school until 6:00 pm with games twice a week for both of them. I haven't put it all on the calendar yet but have decided that Justin's days of being along for the ride are about to change! Jim's already mentioned that we HAVE to get him a car... any kid's dream... and he's not even the least bit excited. What's wrong with my kid!?

2 comments:

Jody said...

You have to love teenagers and driving it's great! We love basketball, it's so fun to watch! Good job to the boys! :)

Unknown said...

No worries! My younger two sisters at home that are of age to drive now aren't interested at ALL either! It's weird- I know. Maybe it's something new with teens these days. Cool not to drive? Hmm...I wonder...