Wednesday, September 21, 2011

his new C A S T

After a full week in a splint, we finally have a cast on Coleman's arm. A green cast. Mulvane green as I like to call anything green.
Maybe now I can relax a little. The PA showed me the x-rays from last week- two definite fractures straight up both bones.

After putting his cast on today, they took a new set of x-rays to make sure it was set straight.

Looks good. Hopefully, it stays straight.
I was surprised that it never did bruise up. Looking at it from the outside, you would never even know it was hurt. So strange how the body works.
Now, it's six weeks waiting for it to heal. At least I don't have to be paranoid thinking that any little twist or bump could jolt it and damage it more.
When Justin broke his arm {7th grade football}, they had to go in and straighten it out before putting on his cast. I started seeing stars when the ER doctor just started explaining what it looked like. I had to sit down to avoid hitting the ground.

Luckily, Jim was there to hear what the Dr. was explaining. I missed it all- my world was spinning. I don't like to hear or see any of my kids in pain.

I think if I'm alone {at any Dr. appointment or ER visit} and have to step up to the plate, I can do it. Otherwise, I'm pretty flaky and the first to admit it.
Putting Justin under conscious sedation, he fortunately didn't have to feel or remember any of it. I was so afraid something would happen to Coleman's this week before getting it in the cast. Paranoid? Yes.

He's on his own now.

No comments: