Friday, September 2, 2011

the hills are A L I V E

Oh, I love the church bells in our village. It's right down the street from our house. They ring all the time... sometimes for ten or fifteen minutes straight.

I have yet to figure out the pattern or the times, but love listening to the chiming. So calming and beautiful. Definitely one thing I will miss about Europe.

We usually have family movie night on Friday nights. The little boys get to stay up which is the best part for them. I made the rule that I get to pick it if I'm going to watch it with them.  Most of the time that works out.

Tonight, I'm thinking it's one of my all-time favorites: The Sound of Music.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have resistance {mostly from their daddy}, but I'll try it- it's already rented.

Next week at this time, we plan to be in beautiful Salzburg, Austria with my sister and her husband where they taped The Sound of Music. I'm not sure we can see it all in a day- we better not blink.

With a jam-packed itinerary {with help from so many of my Germany friends} and more than enough to see and do, I can't wait! I'm so ready for a break and some fun and to see my sister.

No comments: