Tuesday, September 6, 2011

cadens E X C I T E D

His daddy woke him up this morning. He rolled over and tried to go back to sleep. So did his mamma- it was too dang early. A couple minutes later, Coleman came in excited to wake him up and brought his clothes down since he made his way to our room sometime in the night.

The thought ran through my head- this is going to be a long year of early mornings with a little guy who finally likes to sleep in.

Then, he jumped up. He got dressed and said to me, "OK, mom. I really am excited."

Ahh.... what a relief. Whenever anyone asked if he was excited for school he responded with a faint- not really.

Two years ago, we started talking about preschool. No way- he was not interested in leaving the house AT ALL. I dropped it. Last year, we brought it up again- no way. With our move, he was in luck so we didn't start him. As soon as we moved, I threw it out there that we could start him in German kindergarten or even preschool.

He was even more set on never going to school. Never.
Today was the end of the road and gratefully, he left with a smile. Out of options and excuses, he had to start school sometime. While he is my little buddy, I couldn't be more excited. I love my boys but, this house is quiet and soon will be clean. Clean and it will stay clean.

The kitchen sink will stay empty without millions of dirty dishes. The toilets will stay flushed. The toys will stay put away. At least for the day. I can't wait.
No tears here- even being our baby. I didn't even get choked up. He didn't want me to take him to the bus and let me know Coleman could take him. No way. So, Lady and I walked down there and watched them get on the big ole' bus.

Coleman let him know he'd sit with him, then as he got on first- promptly sat with another kid. Caden jumped on the seat behind, but geez... brothers.

His daddy is meeting him at the school to get him to class. Can't wait to hear how his day goes.

No comments: