Saturday, September 3, 2011

pure J O Y pure C O L D

I think this is one of the sweetest pictures I've ever taken- I just L O V E  it. Pure joy.
It's actually pure COLD as Jim jumped in the pool for one of the last times this summer with the little guys. I knocked on the door to ask the Frau if they could swim. Again, {as always} she said, "Of course!!! But, it's cold."
Her grandson jumped in, then straight back out saying it was TOO cold. Not for our Alaskan-born boys. Justin was at the lake with friends. Ty had enough heat with football practice, but for Coleman and Caden it was the perfect day for a swim.
I let her know I'd let the little guys know- she said, "No problem. They can swim." After the initial jump in, the cold didn't even phase Coleman- he stayed in for at least two hours the last two days. Caden at least took little breaks to warm up.

Jim was just plain cold! I hear it gets warmer as you stay in. I didn't take chances and laid in the sun on the grass.
This evening, Jim mowed our new yard- I went to the pool with the little guys. It hit in the mid-80's probably and was a beautiful German day. As soon as he finished, he jumped in the pool to cool off and play with the little guys.
After a little bit, the grandma and grandpa came out to visit. It was the first time we've met the Grandpa {Alexandra's father}.
He was excited to chat with Jim about planes and the Air Force in his mix of German and English. Jim caught most of it. More than anything, we LOVED how kind they are and just the fact that they wanted to visit with us.

I am still in absolute amazement {daily} of the wonderful {German} people we are now surrounded by. Truly, good people. I'm grateful this will be our memory of our time here.

The Grandpa let us know it's supposed to be cold this next week, he's going to let the water out of the pool- summer is over. He asked Jim what he does. As soon as he said he works with planes- he wanted to chat- it was ON.

He then went on to pull out his pilot's license {FAA certified from Oklahoma City, OK} and wanted to show Jim everything. He has pictures he's going to get ready to show him next time we visit.

He went into the house then, came back out in his swimming shorts and got in the pool {his pool} with Jim and the boys. While in the pool, the grandma and I sat on the sidelines watching. She said to me while watching Jim swim with the boys all over him, "He is a wonderful father. You have a wonderful unit." Then, she said, "Unit? Is that the word?" I got it and I know. She knew she meant family.
What a nice compliment.

I'm so blessed to have the most amazing husband and father of our boys. I was surprised she could see it already. After our swim, we left and headed in to make dinner. She sent us off with a jar of homemade jam that looks fabulous.

I'm not sure what kind- she didn't know the English translation, I didn't know the German.

It could be anything and I wouldn't care. Her act of kindness is noted with me forever.

No comments: