Thursday, November 3, 2011

feeling R E F L E C T I V E

I think the boys are {maybe} over being mad at us. Maybe. It's been a long year, but it feels like we're finally getting in a groove and finding our place here in Europe. We've tried to keep a positive outlook from day one, but it's taken a while to truly feel happy over here.

Today, I feel like we're there.

Friends have helped immensely. Friends for the boys and friends for us. As a mom, my first concern is always for the boys to meet and make good, solid friends. In high school and in elementary- I think it's huge.

I love that I'm friends with the parents of the boys our boys hang out with.

Meeting people and making friends has never been too difficult for me. I've never been tagged as a shy girl. I can usually fit in with a variety of personalities. Moving here has reminded me of the importance of good friends.

The isolation and distance from family and friends in the states has caused me to really reflect and appreciate those I'm getting to know more than I ever have. I've met and learned {already} from some really strong, wonderful women here who I already consider friends for life.

Right now, I find at this stage in my life I am relying on friends- both new friends here and those at home than I probably ever have in my life.

When we found out we were moving with just three months notice, we felt so much regret with regard to our friends. We love our KS friends and only then did we realize how often we were too busy working or caught up in other things that we didn't take the time to enjoy our friendships.

When we did get together, we had a great time. We were only sad we didn't spend more time together. What a life lesson for us.

It's all about priorities yet, enjoying and living life with meaning.

No comments: