Tuesday, November 22, 2011

i need a H A U S frau

Monday through Friday from 7:30 until 3:00- there is a little white car parked to the side of our house in front of our garage. I often see her pull up and occasionally catch her leaving. As I notice her car {every single day}, the same thoughts enter my mind.

Who is she?

The owner of this car happens to be our neighbor's {Alexandra's brother's family} Haus Frau. Full-time hired help. How in the world would that be? That's the thought that enters my mind E V E R Y single day.

While I can't obviously see everything she does- I've seen enough to know that I'd love one of her in my life. From the little guys' bedroom window, you can occasionally see into their kitchen, so- I've seen her doing dishes.

She leaves with an empty basket and comes back with it full, so I'm sure she does their shopping. Some of it, if not all of it.

They have only two kids- both teenagers, but I've seen her pick up and take the son different places. So, she drives. She might even do errands for them.

She takes out the garbage cans, she recycles their glass. Surely, she cleans everything else in sight including their toilets. Of course, she cleans their toilets. Perhaps even every day. How wonderful would that be? Clean everything, every day? Heaven. Maybe, she even cooks or bakes for them.

Wow- I can't even imagine. Not saying I wouldn't love it. I'm sure I could get used to it fast.

No comments: