Wednesday, August 29, 2012

little S C O T T I E dog

This might possibly be the sweetest story I've heard in a while. Dad, it might bring a tear to your eye.

My friend, Alesia sent me all of these pictures. What would I do without her? I don't want to even imagine.

She's gotten me through this first month of Justin being in Kansas with daily emails, messages and phone calls.

Sunday, Justin told us about this little guy. Meet Scottie dog. The boys named him Timothy (?) but, I think Scottie makes more sense since it is their school mascot.

Timothy? Where did that come from?

A stray dog, he somehow found the boys and has been hanging around campus and the football players since school started.

Skinny and obviously lost {or abandoned}, they said he's super sweet and super smart. I think they even said he sits, rolls over, stays and actually listens.

It's against the rules to have a dog in their apartment, but somehow he managed to find his way to their third-story porch day after day.

Not only that, Justin said he followed them everywhere.
When they went to practice, he followed and waited outside for them.
He waited while they were in classes.
He hung out at the gym waiting for them to finish.

Saturday during their first game, little guy decided to go out on the field and parked it (laid down) on the 40-yard line. They couldn't get him off the field- the trainer had to go pick him up and carry him off so they could resume playing.

Fines for breaking the rules are a big thing at HCC, so they had to be careful not to get caught feeding him.

Alesia and Ken decided to bring him home after the game Saturday. They've got him settled at their house and are going to get him checked out at the vet. No doubt, he'll be spoiled.
They've already fallen in love with him and said he's such a good dog. I'm sure we would have done the same even being a big dog with lots of hair. How sweet are those little paws? Alesia said they have a dog house for him and even a pillow, but he prefers this cozy spot on the swing.

As soon as Justin told me what was going on, I kept thinking of how he managed to find our boys. Two big boys {Justin and Payton} who both really are missing their dogs at home. It will be fun to see if he recognizes the boys when they have a break and head down to Haysville.

I can't help but think they helped each other out a little through this last tough month.

Yes, it's been one month.
Seems longer than that. Doesn't it?

No comments: