Tuesday, August 21, 2012

M I S E A U pool

It's been a heat wave here in Deutschland this week.
We know it's been a HOT summer all over the US this year- we're getting a little of it now as well.

In our little Mackenbach grocery store the other day, the headline on a newspaper said, "Deutschland Sahara."

They must think it's hot, too.

My little Oma across the road yesterday told me, "This is German summer." I think it lasts a total of about two weeks.

The only difference is there is NO air conditioning in Germany.

None.


Ty and Chantelle
I love it (of course) because I can spend most days at the pool. Jim and anyone else who has to work in an office is miserable. They're so hot.
We've found a couple beautiful outdoor pools here- Miseau being my absolute favorite pool and something I've never seen in the US.


This means- stop taking my picture, let me swim! The swirly is behind him... so much fun!
The three pools that we like are all similar and all within 20 minutes of our house.

We have been rotating between the three.

It seems in the US, most pools we've been to are either a simple pool and maybe a diving board or simple slide, or a full-blown water park which costs a pretty penny.

Like everything else German, it's super clean- bathrooms included which is huge.

This pool is stainless steel- the entire thing. Another thing I've never seen.

I told Jim when (haha) we put a pool behind our dream house, I want it done this way.

He said the maintenance is low, but probably a little expensive.

Looks really good.

Here at Miseau they have laps lanes, a baby area totally separate, a slide with a shallow non-swimmer area, a super cool swirly round thing with jets that push you around (super fun), bubble massage chairs in the water, a jetted area, and diving boards with a deep end.

That's just the pool area.

Around the pool is tons of grass and tons of shade on the outer edge to camp out. There is also a soccer area (of course, we're in Europe), playground equipment, food, showers- indoor and out, dressing rooms, and a whole playground area with equipment. 

We don't leave the pool area- it's too hot not to stay in the water.

All of this for less than $2 each for the whole day. Plus, Caden's free. I can't go anywhere that cheap! We pack our cooler with sandwich stuff, snacks and drinks- we're set for the day.

You can always take any of your own food in anywhere even when they sell food at the Imbiss here. Very, very nice.
Last week of vacation for these boys- we're trying to soak up the sun! Our lazy days are almost over.

No comments: