Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Family Affair


Let me just say... we decided to skip doing any small projects on our new house and get down to business! Finishing our basement is like building a house!! It really is! If there's an award out there for "Uncle of the Year" it goes to my Uncle Dana-fix-it. That's what we call him since any time his name is mentioned, Caden adds on a little "unka dana fix it". He just spent another weekend with us away from his busy life in San Diego to join our craziness! In just 8 full working days between both long weekends he was here (Jim only had 6 full working days)... it's coming along! Starting from a big open room- they framed it, ran all the electrical, sheetrocked it, and even got a plumber in to run the lines for the bathroom. I never thought I'd love the sight of sheetrock, dust aka orbs, 2x4's and tools everywhere! It's just beautiful.

When it's finished, we'll have Justin and Ty's bedrooms down there, a huge family room, nice big office/work area, full bathroom, canning area/pantry w/a drop sink, tornado shelter in our utility room, and a walk in closet that I can hardly wait to organize! There are windows all around, so it's so bright and light. I think we're going to LIVE down there! I'll post photos after I make it down there today to clean up a little bit!

No comments: