Monday, September 3, 2007

Play Ball


It's football season again, and I must say here... it's a whole new game down here! I LOVE IT! Ty's last game last season in Alaska was freezing... and the memory is still clear in our minds. Instead of worrying if the boys are bundled up, I'm worried that they're hydrated enough... and that it won't be too hot for them. They're handling it pretty well considering most of the last couple weeks was close to or at 100 degrees! Justin said this game was the best game he's ever played in... Ty had a blast too in spite of being crunched by the big kid in the picture above! (really, this is 7th grade!)
Sitting in the stands watching their first games was a wonderful experience! I couldn't believe it was Middle School, it felt like a High School game- an announcer calling the plays and their names, programs when you walk in, a concession stand and stadium lights that actually lit up once the sun went down! It was crazy! Of course, the best part for me was the 90+ degrees that I could just soak up while hangin' in the bleachers! Where have I been all of my life?!
I'm pretty excited for this season!
(By the way... they both won!)

No comments: