Monday, September 10, 2007

A Boy, A Dog & A Frog

Some days, my life seems like a fairy tale... Reality kicks back in quickly, but all in all life is so good! I feel I could write a children's series just watching my boys and their many adventures out here in the country. Maybe, I will someday.


Coleman and Tyler love frogs. Our pup does, too. Coleman thinks they're his friends. He's gotten good at holding a frog in one hand while steering his bike with his other hand. It's great fun to watch. He loves it when I water my flower spot, because the frogs come out of their holes making it easy for him to catch them. Of course, he gets scolded about every other day for getting in my flowers... we're working on this. Every once in a while Caden decides that he wants to hold one, or at least touch one. So, Tyler or Coleman will catch one, get close to Caden and he'll chicken out. He almost touched one the other day, then backed off right away! He'd rather watch them jump around! Justin doesn't like handling them either, imagine that! I can admit- I'd rather watch them than get my hands slimy, too!
Poor frogs, but it makes for hours of great entertainment.

1 comment:

Chris,Cori said...

Tell the boys that our kids too go out and collect frogs around here. i will have to add pictures of them catching 15 frogs and putting them in Ziploc containers and then letting them all go at the sametime. We also have gieko's and spider big ones and snakes and big black grasshoppers and cockroachs! They have tried to catch them all except for a snake. ELijah won't touch the frogs either unless they are in a container! Love it! Miss ya Cori